Tuesday 31 January 2012

The Journey begins...

What is the Presentation Document and why have I chosen to do an online blog? 

Today and yesterday I had my final launch ever at University. It was launching my Final Major Project which will take me from now until mid-May when I finish my third and last year.

Alongside practical work at the end of the 16 weeks we present a 'Presentation Document' which reflects on our process from beginning to end including references, experimental work, sketches, mock ups and inspiration. I initially thought about starting a separate blog for the project but I've decided to alter this one slightly and use it, now, as my 'diary' for this final project.

As over the past few years this blog has been much the same as what I will be posting during my final major I feel I can just fine-tune what I post to fit what is needed for this part of the assignment. It is also a culmination of all the work I have done while here at university, all the inspiration I've taken from other artists I've looked at in this blog and all work I've posted leading up until now; so it seems fitting to just carry on.
I also didn't want to start another account as it would be either posting double or stopping with this blog all together, and I still want to keep this Presentation Document as a blog as I feel my studio work will involve a lot of making. Having an ordered and simple way to document my progress will probably help me keep organised and moving forward. I don't want to get too hung up on making a book or written document that will detract from my time making in the studio.

Outline

For the next few months I have 3 things to keep juggling in connection to my course. They are;

- A self set practical studio project which is the culmination of 3 years of study. I have to produce a proposal of work, preliminary work and experiment practice and a final pieces/final pieces which will be the product of at least 13 weeks of work.
- A presentation Document (hello!) detailing progress and changes, thoughts and ideas, inspirations and influences throughout the next few months that goes alongside studio work.
- A Self Promotion project whereby I create a small 'send out' piece to various art directors, and create a Professional Portfolio.

Additionally to this, throughout the year our course do various fundraising activities and sales to raise money for our end of year degree show and to put on a show in London afterwards. So alongside work for the final major project and self promotion I will also be creating a doing various other things for sale/promotion for events. These pieces will probably tie in, to some degree, with the work I will be doing for the final major.



So here we go...


No comments:

Post a Comment