Thursday 5 April 2012

Life drawing foxes

I've been awol for a little while, I've gone home for easter break which has turned out to have both pros and cons. I have taken over the study in my parents house and have access to a large table, computer and scanner all in the same room which makes life a lot easier. I also have access to all my dads tools, paper, tape and pens which is fun. I've found a load of old school books in the loft (it's spring cleaning time) and have ripped out long forgotten notes and algebra sums to use as a sketchbook paper.

I decided that I needed to get some good drawing in my book. I want my final work to be accurate and informed.




Foxes and cheap paper;


I started off with pitt pens, but found them too restricting for first sketches. I felt I needed to work with something looser to get going as it's been a while.





I switched to a brush pen and found I could work a lot quicker. I am familiar with using a brush pen as well and felt more comfortable keeping more of an eye on the foxes and their movements.









I think these are quite good, eventually I got into the swing of it and found more and more I was picking up on the stances, movement and positions of the foxes. 





I used the squared workbook paper first as I didn't have to be precious about it. I knew I was going to be quite rusty and so thought using rough paper was the perfect fit. 

 I put the sheets together and bound them together afterwards.




I was quite please with some of the drawings that came out of my exercise. It's helped get me back into observing and drawing and recording. It will also be useful to any final work I do with a greater idea of movement and shape and size of these animals I am most likely to use in the project. 



No comments:

Post a Comment