Monday 6 February 2012

Panic mode: Having trouble getting started

A rabbit in headlights at the moment. Cripplingly paralysed by the prospect of how much I have to do.

After the talk on Friday I realised I needed to write up my Written Proposal detailing what I wanted to do, however I still didn't have a good enough idea of what that actually was. I had sort of been aiming towards looking at The Tigers Bride and creating a theatre set sort of thing, as I liked the idea of metamorphosis and thought that could incorporate well with looking at props and costume; masks.

After a talk with Johnny Hannah, about the Written Proposal, it was suggested it looked to something else to use as my context. As I was in danger of repeating myself. Which I agreed with. Just... what?
With my last project Johnny said there was a good sense of drama and so suggested various things to base the context on;
- Buildings though time. Southampton as a city, or a particular building.
- A famous person or someone notable; with the drama in the last project I could look at someone like Vivianne Westwood or Marilyn Monroe. I suggested Jean Shrimpton as I quite like her.
- others things suggested were things like killers, unsolved mysteries etc etc.

Afterwards, I felt a little lost. There was almost too much choice but not enough at the same time; there wasn't really anything suggested that grabbed my attention enough for me to be able to carry it through to May. I think the panic mode I've gone into has stunted my ability to generate ideas, and all I can think about is time speeding past me.


No comments:

Post a Comment