Saturday 25 February 2012

Paper Cut: Faina

I had another idea to create a piece that described the girl, Faina's connection to the landscape.

I thought about creating the body or head from images of the landscape. Here I've looked back at the images of the northern lights I had worked on earlier in the project and thought about creating another sky image.





For the final image I added the wilderness below so it looks as though the landscape becomes the body. I also tried a few different colouring changes and cropped them differently. I think I like the image when you can't see the edge of the sky although I tried to give it a rough head shape. 

This was just an idea I thought I should try out. I don't think it was completely successful as the bottom and top sections seem a little disjointed. I don't think I'll continue on in this kind of style although there are some parts I like about it for example the bleed from the colour into the white. I also like the trees cut out from the paper to create a slightly 3D affect.


No comments:

Post a Comment